In today’s digital age, a large portion of consumers uses search engines to find products and services online. By optimizing their website for search engines, realtors can reach a wider audience and increase their chances of attracting new clients.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is important for realtor businesses. SEO is the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant keywords and phrases. This can lead to increased organic traffic and visibility for a business.
SEO can also improve the user experience on a website by making it easier for users to find the information they need. This can lead to increased engagement, conversions, and customer loyalty.
The cost to rank on the first page of Google/Bing/Yahoo can vary greatly depending on various factors such as the area, competition, and target keywords. It is quite common for high-ranking realtors to invest over a few thousand per month in order to achieve first-page status.
For highly competitive industry r keywords, such as “real estate” “Vancouver” “best realtor” “condo specialist” etc.., ranking on the first page of Google can be quite expensive and may require a significant investment in SEO and digital marketing. The cost for these services can range from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars per month, depending on the size and scope of the project.
However, it is important to understand that NOT all SEO requires a heavy cost. For websites that are well-designed with SEO in mind, they can work Google’s search engine algorithm organically without intense manual input. Some regular activities will still be involved but a good realtor’s website should have the followings:
- A strong, clear call to action
- Use social media to drive in clients
- Offer valuable content such as blogs or newsletters
- Scheduled events or online webinars page to attract new leads
- Use lead magnets, such as free trials or consultations, to attract leads
- Collect email addresses and build an email list for lead nurturing
- Collaboration with other businesses to reach new audiences
Once you have these practices in place, you can then do these SEO related activities to drive in potential clients:
- Share content from your website on social media
- Include links back to your website in your social media posts
- Use keywords in your social media posts to increase visibility
- Encourage followers to share your posts with their network
- Interact with users and respond to comments to increase engagement
- Optimize your social media profiles with keywords, descriptions and links
- Monitor your social media mentions and reply to any questions or concerns
- Collaborate with other businesses and influencers in your area to reach new audiences
- Utilize social media advertising to target specific audiences and drive traffic to your website.
- Consistently post relevant, high-quality content to establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry/area.
With Simple Agent Solution, our website architecture was built on SEO-focused platforms and we constantly update our CMS system to adjust the ever-changing search engine’s SEO algorithm. If you are looking to hire a developer yourself, make sure SEO is the centerpiece of their development. Otherwise, you will be spending a lot to compensate for the lack of SEO-based architecture. Or worse, you will be doing a lot of SEO related activities but most of them are wasted.